Tuesday, March 23, 2010

This is the Start

So here I am in a new blogging adventure. I was sitting at the park yesterday thinking about how much I wish I could do this all the time (sit with my kiddos at the park). I am currently on Spring break, so i am making the most of it, sitting there watching my kids play I realized there is no reason why I can't make more time for them and my family. I just have to be creative about it. Money is tight here too so I need to be able to find ways to spend time with my family on a budget. That is when this idea hit me, why not blog about what I am doing to spend the quality time needed with my family. Every family out there needs quality time. So this blog will hopefully help all the busy parents, single parents, even the frugal parents.
A little background on us. My husband works fulltime and goes to school fulltime. I lost my job about 8 months ago, thats when I decided to go back to school and try my hand at starting up my own business. My daughter is 9 almost 10, she loves to cheer for the youth cheerleading program here. My son is 6 and he just loves his video games and soccer. To save money we are going to be moving in May to another state, school, city. My husband will still have his job, but he will be taking public transportation which will save us gas money. The main hope is to find a place just a little bit cheaper than where we are at now.

First idea is a Friday Family Fun night (doesn't have to be on Friday this just happens to be the best time for us). We dedicate every Friday to family time after dad gets off work. We then vote on what we want to do. Many times it is renting some movies and vegging out in front of the tv. Others it is a game night. There are many things you can do, something for every budget. Games, movies, family dinner, craft night, picnic on the living room floor and much much more. We have made it a tradition that every other friday we go out to dinner. Nothing too fancy ever, but it is fun for the kids. The other nights we normally have a family dinner making event. Everyone has a job and the kids love to help cook.

So heres to trying out your hand at a family night, I am telling you even the busiest people have a couple of hours they can dedicate. That is the key though, you have to block that time out as family time or it will never work, something will always come up. Have fun trying this out.

Here is a great dinner idea on the cheap:
Goofy noodles (bowtie, or wagon wheel)
pasta sauce
salad
bread

Its basically spaghetti, but if you can find silly noodles it makes it that much more fun. Its easy quick and cheap.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages