Tuesday, February 16, 2016

happiness

I have been really trying to figure out how to continue a life of happiness, I mean really in the grand scheme of things I have a good life.  I have a fantastic loving, caring, would do anything for me husband.  Two amazingly wonderful kids, a cute darling little one I watch 3 days a week, the ability to continue school and earn a psychology degree and so much more.  I will be honest there are days that I wish my life were different, but that is not because of any reason other than I have my demons and I have my problems.  I love my life and family don't get me wrong but dealing with things can sometimes be overwhelming. 
My son is 12 years old and struggles in reading, so much that we are currently looking into shelling out the big bucks to get him tested for dyslexia.  My frustration is with the schools and Washington State.  I have been asking for help for him since he was in third grade and every time I would ask I would get the run around and then when I would pursue it I would get the "oh don't worry he will catch up".  Well guess what he is in sixth grade and hasn't caught up, he struggles with English so bad that he comes home frustrated and sometimes gives up.  I can't let this continue, so through my research I have found that schools in Washington do not recognize reading disabilities as actual disabilities, so in turn they are not required to help.  I have also found that it is going to be roughly 600 dollars to get him tested and then however much after for extra help to get him caught up.  I am bound and determined not to let my son fail, too many kids slip through the cracks and my son will not be on of them. 
Needless to say this is now a very determined mama ready to make some much needed changes in my life starting with myself and reaching out to my family.  POSITIVE THINKING will get you far in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages